Digital Micrometers Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You should be aware that if you use or benefit from our products or services as a representative of a company, your company may pass your personal data to us, control and administer your use of our products or services, and access and process your information, including the contents of your communications. Please direct any questions you have about your organization’s control over and access to your data to your organisation.
Amendments and updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what information we collect and how we use that information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Who we are and how to contact us
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is: Digital Micrometers Ltd (DML), Unit 6 Riverside Park, Sheaf Gardens, Sheffield, S2 4BB, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we hold and use
Personal data (also referred to as “information” in this policy) means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data),
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- The information you give us. You may provide us with information about yourself by filling out forms or placing an order on our website digitalmicrometers.co.uk (our site). By placing an order for any of our products or services, you are entering into a licencing agreement with us or otherwise doing business with us, opening an account, participating in social media functions on our site, reporting a problem with our site, signing up to receive marketing communications, leaving comments, or communicating with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. Your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, as well as your job title, department and organisation name, financial and payment details, and personal description, may be included in the information you provide us.
- Information we collect about you. Regarding each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect certain usage data about you including the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, consultants, contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We will only use your information when the law allows us to and for the purposes set out in this policy. The lawful bases upon which we will process your information are:
- when you give your consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into or are entering into with you and/or your organisation;
- when necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided that your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
Note that we may process your information for more than one lawful basis depending upon the specific purpose for which we are using it. If you need further details regarding the lawful basis upon which we are processing your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a lawful basis for processing your information other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you where we do not have another lawful basis. Where we use consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you/your organisation with products and/or services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you/your organisation and us;
- to deal with your enquiries and provide you with the information, that you request from us;
- to provide you/your organisation with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for information, system, network and security purposes;
- for business and product development and to improve our products and services;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with sales representatives within our group, which means our suppliers and our distributors some of which are located outside of the European Economic Area.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, sales representatives & consultants;
- Inventory managements systems, hosting services, CRM services and infrastructure providers;
- Our professional advisors;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.) We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If DML was acquired by a third party, all of its assets, in which case personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Security and Storage of your information
How long do we hold your information?
We will hold onto your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided to us or collected eg. for as long as is necessary to provide any services requested by you or to respond to your queries. Where processing is based on your consent, we shall only process it until such time as you withdraw your consent.
Please let us know if any of your contact details change so that we can ensure we only hold accurate and up to date information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your information as follows:
- Right of Access – you can request a copy of any information we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- Right of Rectification – you have a right to request that we rectify any inaccuracies in relation to the information we hold;
- Right of Restriction and Erasure – in some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your information or to restrict further processing by us;
- Right to Object – in some circumstances, you have the right to object to certain processing of your information. You have an absolute right to object to direct marketing;
- Right of Portability – in some circumstances, you have the right to request that your information be transferred to you or a new provider if the information you have provided to us is processed automatically;
- Right to withdraw consent – where we have asked for your consent for processing, you have the right to withdraw consent. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Automated decision making and profiling
Automated decision making takes place when an electronic system using personal information to make a decision without human intervention. Whilst we use some automated decision-making including profiling of visitors to our site for marketing and business development purposes, you will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Policy last updated: 08/11/2021