Managing Variation In Your Measurement System
During the process of manufacturing, it is common to collect large amounts of data on component features. This is often collected when measuring components or specific areas of a product to check they are in tolerance. Every business wants to deliver the best quality they can, and so each component is regularly assessed through inspection and quality controls. It is essential to make sure that these measurements are accurate and precise as operators and engineers rely on this data to make critical decisions.
However, many errors can accrue within the measurement system whenever these measurements are taken. These errors can be caused by the measuring instruments, inspection techniques, fixturing and more.
Often, a quality manager will put together an ‘inspection process’, which is a series of quality checks to collect the measurement data. But because of errors caused by both the equipment and different measuring techniques, variation can often occur. If ignored, these errors will build up and negatively affect key quality statistics, such as Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk, etc.
Measurement System Analysis (MSA) is an essential step in any quality control application to assess and manage the variation for more accurate data.
1. MEASUREMENT SYSTEM ANALYSIS – GAUGE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
DataLyzer® Spectrum Gage Management software helps quantify variations in the Measurement System. More specifically, the Spectrum gauge management software provides tools which include Gage R&R studies and Gage Calibration (MSA).
Analysis helps to reduce the variation in your measurements, by helping you understand where these inaccuracies accrue in your gauging instruments, inspection techniques and fixturing. These tools help with both precision and accuracy. As well as, offering automated reporting for quick feedback.
- Repeatability: Datalyzer Gauge management software ensures more consistent readings by an operator or piece of equipment.
- Reproducibility: Reports show how consistently your measuring system measures features between different operators or attribute gauges.
- Stability: Improves the accuracy over time
- Linearity: The accuracy throughout the measurement range
- Resolution: error caused by rounding up or down
- Calibration Bias: No matter which lab calibrates your equipment there may be a form of bias in the certification. Reports given will assess the level of bias in the calibration (off-set from true value).
- Automated Data Input: DataLyzer is compatible with third party software and enters data records automatically.
- Manual Data Input: Encase you are using equipment that is not compatible or analogue gauges, you can still get the benefits of DataLyzer reporting by entering data manually.
- Automated Data Graphs: After measurements have been taken DataLyzer creates a report, comparing gauge variation and process variation which can be printed instantly in one report for analysis.
If you are interested in DataLyzer® Spectrum Gage Management software and looking for some great discount, exclusive to DML then get in contact by either calling us at 0114 327 1616, or email us at email@example.com.
2. AUTOMATING DATA ENTRY
At DML we offer a range of metrology instruments that connect seamlessly with in DataLyzer® Spectrum Gage Management software.
However, getting the right setup can be hard as some measuring instruments are not designed for this purpose. Give us a call or drop us an email, we can help!
Sylvac Range of Metrology
Sylvacs range of equipment boasts wireless data entry at most levels, by WiFi or Bluetooth and can link up conveniently to DataLyzer® analysis software. They have a broad range of Micrometers, calipers, indicators, depth gauges and height gauges.
Bowers & Tesa Range of Metrology
Bowers & Tesa also offer a range of equipment that link up conveniently to measuring system analysis software.
Overall, bringing together the expertise of DML and the software of DataLyzer will improve the standard of your measuring by Reduce Error in the Measuring System and Automated Data Entry & Analysis.